- RSS Channel Showcase 5827787
- RSS Channel Showcase 9457802
- RSS Channel Showcase 5445458
- RSS Channel Showcase 7949756
Articles on this Page
- 09/20/13--08:44: _Firefighters Raise ...
- 09/23/13--08:17: _Fire in Eliot
- 11/04/13--22:46: _Pepper Box Moves
- 12/03/13--15:24: _4th Dimension Tree ...
- 01/14/14--19:49: _Free Flu Shot Clinic
- 04/04/14--12:18: _Tips for Saving Wat...
- 10/02/14--16:58: _Teen Athlete Cardia...
- 11/25/14--11:14: _Website Change
- 12/12/14--16:13: _Storm rages through...
- 03/28/15--08:23: _Two Historic Houses...
- 11/10/15--08:29: _Your Comfortable Sa...
- 11/22/15--08:25: _PDX Reporter App
- 12/04/15--09:25: _Letter from Eliot N...
- 01/12/16--22:02: _North Star Village:...
- 01/15/16--09:05: _Portland Winter Lig...
- 02/18/16--09:25: _Air Toxins Open House
- 03/02/16--10:05: _Air Toxics Q&A
- 04/30/16--09:18: _Neighborhood Tree T...
- 05/07/16--09:09: _Beautification Comm...
- 05/29/16--09:04: _The Heart of Garlin...
- 09/20/13--08:44: Firefighters Raise Money for Displaced Residents
- 09/23/13--08:17: Fire in Eliot
- 11/04/13--22:46: Pepper Box Moves
- 12/03/13--15:24: 4th Dimension Tree Sale
- 01/14/14--19:49: Free Flu Shot Clinic
- 04/04/14--12:18: Tips for Saving Water and Money
- 10/02/14--16:58: Teen Athlete Cardiac Screening
- 11/25/14--11:14: Website Change
- 12/12/14--16:13: Storm rages through neighborhood
- 03/28/15--08:23: Two Historic Houses Burned
- 11/10/15--08:29: Your Comfortable Safe Home Awaits
- 11/22/15--08:25: PDX Reporter App
- 12/04/15--09:25: Letter from Eliot News Editor
- 01/12/16--22:02: North Star Village: Aging in Place
- 01/15/16--09:05: Portland Winter Light Festival
- 02/18/16--09:25: Air Toxins Open House
- 03/02/16--10:05: Air Toxics Q&A
- 04/30/16--09:18: Neighborhood Tree Team Wins Award
- 05/07/16--09:09: Beautification Committee Wants You!
- 05/29/16--09:04: The Heart of Garlington Center
By Nancy Zimmermann Chung Did you know that the Portland Firefighter’s Association is organizing a fundraiser for neighbors affected by the August 8 five-alarm fire on Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard? The fire reduced to rubble a 46-unit apartment building that was under construction, rendering uninhabitable some of the adjacent residential buildings in the process.…
By Jackie Sandquist I froze as I looked at the building ablaze across the street. The crackling noise woke us up and the strange orange glow coming from the front of the house got us out of bed. Questions blazed through my head: Is that building really on fire? How can this be? What do…
Dreamers Marketplace started out with a big dream of having an open outdoor market in the Summer, an indoor market in the Winter and a pod of Food Carts. Within a year or so most of the vision had vanished. 3 years later it fully came to an end when the final food cart –…
Clint LundmarkPepper Box
The 4th Dimension Sober Club is having a fundraiser selling Christmas trees near their club in Lower Albina. Previously, we have written a post about them here.
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center is offering FREE flu shots to people age six months and older while supplies last. The flu season is here and the number of patients testing positive for influenza is on the rise. Many of the cases have been quite serious and even life threatening. Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in partnership…
By Lindsey Berman Many of us have ignored the sound of a trickling stream coming from our toilet, or maybe we’ve chosen to overlook those small, slow drips from a bathroom faucet or kitchen sink. After all, how much water do they really waste? According to the EPA, more than 1 trillion gallons of water…
By Maegan Vidal – The American Heart Association reports that one in every 30,000 to 50,000 high school aged athletes die annually in the U.S. from sudden cardiac arrest. The Children’s Heart Program at Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel in partnership with The David Heller Foundation, with generous support from adidas and Health Net…
Over the next few days you may notice some changes to eliotneighborhood.org as we kick the tires on a new “Look and Feel” of the site. Don’t worry, the great content you have come to love will still be here, and for the most part will be in the same place. Can’t find something? Have a…
A wind storm raged through Portland on Thursday causing damage throughout the city and in our neighborhood. Here are a few pictures of the damage taken Friday morning. Do you have some pictures of the damage caused by the storm? If so send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add them to the gallery! Your Images:
Sadly, Eliot lost a little bit of history March 14th when two adjacent Victorian houses on Tillamook St. suffered devastating fire damage. The two single-story homes at 16 and 20 NE Tillamook near Williams Ave., were both built in 1890 according to Portland Maps. Fortunately, there were no reports of anyone hurt during the fire. 16 NE Tillamook…
mikefadenHouses on Tillamook damaged by fireFighting fire on Tillamook
After what seemed like an endless, hot summer, we’re all breathing a sigh of relief as temperatures are finally dropping—winter is just around the corner! But before the cold sets in for good, fall is the perfect time to take some easy steps to make your home cozier, healthier and safe for this winter and…
Don’t know who to call to complain about graffiti or abandoned cars or other urban nuisances? Well, there is a “app” for that. The app is provided through PBOT so the reports are limited to abandoned autos, debris in the road, graffiti, illegal parking, park maintenance needs, plugged street drains, potholes, sidewalk complaints and failed…
Mike WarwickPDX Reporter App
There’s a lot going on in Eliot. From events this past summer sponsored by Legacy Emanuel Medical Center and Portland Parks and Recs to National Night Out, summer was definitely not boring. Fall gives us a chance to regroup as we start a new school year and we hope to bring to your attention some…
According to the Greater Portland Pulse, there were over 190,000 people aged 65 and older living in the Portland metro area as of the 2010 census. By 2030, that number is expected to grow to almost 395,000. That’s a lot of people. So many in fact that even if they all wanted to move into…
Portland’s dark dreary nights will soon glow brightly with a dynamic new festival. The Willamette Light Brigade, stewards of the Morrison Bridge’s nightly color lighting displays, is presenting Portland’s First Annual “Portland Winter Light Festival” on February 3rd-6th sponsored by Portland General Electric and powered by PGE renewable energy. The event’s purpose is to bring…
Are you concerned about the recent reports of air toxins in and around Eliot Neighborhood? If so there is an open house and community meeting today, February 18th, hosted by The Multnomah County Health Department and Portland Public Schools. The event starts at 5 pm and will be held at Hariett Tubman Middle School. Visit…
Clint LundmarkAir Toxin Meeting FlyerElevated Cadmium Levels in Portland
Do you have questions about arsenic, cadmium and chromium in and around the neighborhood? The Multnomah County Health Department, Oregon Health Authority and the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality have produced a Q & A to help answer your questions. Air Toxics Questions and Answers Air Toxics Questions and Answers (PDF)
Clint LundmarkQ & A Logo
The Albina Neighborhood Tree Team, started in 2014, has just received the 2016 Bill Naito Community Trees Award from the Portland Urban Forestry Commission. The commission “recognizes groups and individuals for their stewardship, advocacy and commitment to trees in Portland.” ANTT has received this award for their “exemplary actions and achievements as a group” working…
eliotneighborhoodTree Team replaced dead tree with new tree
Are you fond of cleaner streets and sidewalks? Are you irked by rampant litter? Come help us to beautify our neighborhood! On the same day as the Eliot Neighborhood Annual Clean-Up, we will hold our second Eliot Litter Pick Up volunteer event. In March, more than 60 volunteers of all ages, from our neighborhood and around Portland…
From its early beginnings as a community mental health clinic in the 1980s, neighbors have relied on Garlington Center as a place to get help for loved ones experiencing mental health and addictions challenges. “The heart of the Garlington Center is respecting diversity,” said Kalindi Kapadia, Clinical Director of Garlington Center. Kapadia, who joined the…